Cut through the noise. Generic ideas will only attract unsophisticated audiences. Avoid cliché concepts and perform the unexpected. Evaluate and determine which results are the most important to you. Simplify and execute with a purpose.by
Hello! I am proud to announce the official launch of thinkpyxl.com. I had a lot of fun designing the logo and the site since we revealed the new name back in June, and I am very excited that the new designs reflect the type of company Pyxl is today. We are young, energetic and most of all, enjoy our professions. Check out the official press release and learn more about the launch.
Below are some thoughts and ideas that we put into consideration while designing the new site.
1. The new color scheme immediately gravitated me towards using a landscape. But without being too corny – I decided to go completely abstract, since in essence – our company couldn’t be described in one specific concept. It started when we decided to not use “pixels/cubes/boxes” for the logo and the idea carried on for the design of the site.
2. We wanted the site to be a playful and fun. No holds barred in coming up with the composition of different elements seen throughout the site. The tone of our copy was serious yet we wanted to off-set it with a contradicting laid-back design feel.
3. I wanted to bring back our “hand model” for the blog link as a homage to the Help Us Name Us campaign which gave us our new company name.
4. By following the same process of making everything abstract, I was able to freely illustrate each section’s message with the use of different design elements that I created or have in my library. This enabled us to tell an interesting story as our audience go through individual sections of the site. Check out the Expertise Section for a closer look.
5. On a really low budget, we were happy how our photos turned out considering we only had one camera and no lighting equipment. We scouted areas near our office and selected Market Square in downtown Knoxville as a backdrop for our photo shoot.
5. Overall, we really strived for a different approach to our site compared to most of the other sites we’ve done simply for the reason that we were free of any boundaries – which made this a very challenging yet fun project.
That’s about it in a nutshell. We’re constantly tinkering and updating the site and will be adding more functionality throughout the year. Thanks to all that submitted feedback through email and Twitter. We can’t wait to show you what we have for version 2.0.by
You (people from Knoxville or surrounding areas) are invited to the SMC Knoxville Launch Party on Tuesday, July 21st.
I decided to take the low budget promotion a littler further by making an poster filled with random selection of imagery that still reflect our thoughts on social media.by
Introducing the new Pyxl logo! So why Pyxl you ask? The term itself signifies an single part of an image that when combined together with others of its kind forms a bigger picture. Just like our team at Pyxl (previously known as IC, short for Image Communications), we all came from diverse backgrounds and each has specific roles and responsibilities in our small agency to put together a successful campaign.
So here were the challenges in designing the new identity.
1. Although, I mentioned what pixels are and why we chose the name, we stayed away from the cliche’ squares/pixels because that’s what everyone would expect.
2. Must work well in Black and White.
3. Keeping the same green – the blue is a new addition.
4. Show a solid foundation without making it too bland.
5. Make it friendly, dynamic yet very readable.
So in short, this is what we came up with. Thanks to all that suggested their ideas and concepts – especially the team at Pyxl. I welcome your comments and I sure would like to read about it.
Visit us online at http://www.imagecommunications.com/ and follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/thinkpyxl and me at http://twitter.com/Kervie
Have a great day!!!by
So we’re now called Pyxl. Thanks to DaNice Marshall for suggesting the name and the team at Image Communications, – (now called Pyxl) for working together on putting this campaign together! Now it’s time to make a new company logo. Stay tuned.by
Today, April 17th, is when we announce the new name our company picked to replace Image Communications. All of us are excited for a new identity and the new projects that we will be doing to rebrand ourselves.
Also, we will be announcing the 2 winners of the Kindle2. So thanks again to all that submitted their ideas for the new name. No head back to HelpUsNameUs.com at 5pm Eastern for the big reveal. Peace Out!by
So we narrowed it down to the top 9 names. We’re pretty excited about the selections but we’re leaving it up to the masses to decide what we should be called. You can see what’s going on at HelpUsNameUs.com
We had such a great turnout that we decided to add another Kindle2 to the pot. We are randomly selecting a person based on a secret criteria only the team at Image Communications know.
So thanks again to all that submitted suggestions. You guys do ROCK! So if your original name suggestions didn’t make the cut, select your top 3 names and get another chance at winning that awesome device.
Will be posting updates as soon as I have them. Peace Out!by
You can read the press release here.
As of today, we have over 1,200 submissions from around the world coming in from 6 out of 7 continents. Now we need to find someone who has a computer in Antarctica. Anybody know anyone there?
Some other places you can keep track of the experiment:
We have a current group set-up on Facebook
Videos and animation submissions by IC team members including yours truly.
We are hoping for more “diggs” on this site to maybe reach more people.
We’re using MySpace as a part of the second phase of our experiment as they’re one of the two Social Media giants. Come and be our friends as well.
I will update the list of places we used as I get more data.
The April 3rd deadline is fast approaching. So if you ever get a chance to enter your ideas – please do so. That Kindle2 is an amazing device. I got to play around with it and it’s a must have for any book lover or tech device collector.
So thanks again to everyone who submitted their entries. Check back soon for more updates! Peace Out!by