I have to admit. It’s kinda ridiculous that I’ve completely disappeared from this small community I call a blogosphere. Life kinda happened and I was all over the place. I got some new ideas and I’m planning on sharing them here soon. Happy New Year. 2012 will be amazing.by
Category Archives: News
Breaking Personal News!!!
Might as well face it, we’re Addy’cted to Awards
What a night to be a member of the Pyxl team last Saturday as we ventured out downtown for the 45th Annual Addy Awards, presented by the American Advertising Federation of Knoxville. Just in case you missed the festivities, it was a fun night filled with great music, great food, great friends and great work by very talented agencies in Knoxville.
The main highlight of the evening came when we were announced as a Gold Addy recipient for our website, thinkpyxl.com. What a shock! What surprise! What an accomplishment! Our team is very proud of our site since it’s a major cornerstone establishing Pyxl as a brand new digital company!
Here is the list of awards we were proud to take home:
- thinkpyxl.com (Business to Business HTML website)
- Help Us Name Us Social Media Campaign (Self-Promo, Single Medium Campaign – Web)
- Social Media Club Launch Party poster (Print/Collateral Posters)
- Pyxl logo (Elements of Advertising – Logos)
As if winning a Gold Addy is not enough excitement, the inner craziness and euphoria prompted half of our team to do shots at the liquor luge at the event as an initial celebratory event. We even caught it on camera (but we have to get releases from the guilty party first).
Even though we only had 4 entries, we were very happy to receive an award nod for all of them. As Pyxl grows, we plan on submitting more entries in the future.
All of the Gold and Silver Addy award winners will go on to compete on the regional level and if successful, will move on to the national Addy Awards show. So congrats to all the other winners, and good luck in the next level.
There were a handful of companies involved in putting together the awards show and Pyxl was in the forefront, spear-heading the Social Media effort to get the word out on up-coming AdFed events. We even set-up a live stream site to be seen by all at the banquet. It was great to see people’s interaction online as awards were mentioned and the crowd’s random musings throughout the evening. Also, one thing that I enjoyed is the camaraderie between fellow designers and other people in the industry.
Overall, we are very pleased at the outcome and look forward to another year of creating beautiful design and marketing projects for our clients.
Robert Palmer – Addicted To Loveby
Hello! I am proud to announce the official launch of thinkpyxl.com. I had a lot of fun designing the logo and the site since we revealed the new name back in June, and I am very excited that the new designs reflect the type of company Pyxl is today. We are young, energetic and most of all, enjoy our professions. Check out the official press release and learn more about the launch.
Below are some thoughts and ideas that we put into consideration while designing the new site.
1. The new color scheme immediately gravitated me towards using a landscape. But without being too corny – I decided to go completely abstract, since in essence – our company couldn’t be described in one specific concept. It started when we decided to not use “pixels/cubes/boxes” for the logo and the idea carried on for the design of the site.
2. We wanted the site to be a playful and fun. No holds barred in coming up with the composition of different elements seen throughout the site. The tone of our copy was serious yet we wanted to off-set it with a contradicting laid-back design feel.
3. I wanted to bring back our “hand model” for the blog link as a homage to the Help Us Name Us campaign which gave us our new company name.
4. By following the same process of making everything abstract, I was able to freely illustrate each section’s message with the use of different design elements that I created or have in my library. This enabled us to tell an interesting story as our audience go through individual sections of the site. Check out the Expertise Section for a closer look.
5. On a really low budget, we were happy how our photos turned out considering we only had one camera and no lighting equipment. We scouted areas near our office and selected Market Square in downtown Knoxville as a backdrop for our photo shoot.
5. Overall, we really strived for a different approach to our site compared to most of the other sites we’ve done simply for the reason that we were free of any boundaries – which made this a very challenging yet fun project.
That’s about it in a nutshell. We’re constantly tinkering and updating the site and will be adding more functionality throughout the year. Thanks to all that submitted feedback through email and Twitter. We can’t wait to show you what we have for version 2.0.by
SMC Knoxville Launch Party
You (people from Knoxville or surrounding areas) are invited to the SMC Knoxville Launch Party on Tuesday, July 21st.
I decided to take the low budget promotion a littler further by making an poster filled with random selection of imagery that still reflect our thoughts on social media.
You can find out more details at the SMC Knoxville site. And of course this public message was brought to you by yours truly, Pyxl and the people at Mashable.by
Pyxl logo featured on logopond.com
Once again our company logo is featured on a great logo resource site at logopond.com. Thanks to everyone for their positive responses and feedback. We’re working hard at Pyxl to launch our new website soon so for the meantime you can visit us at thinkpyxl.com.by
Pyxl logo featured on typebased.com
Our company logo for Pyxl is featured on typebased.com one of my favorite sites to go to for logo inspirations. Thanks to JT Knight of knightscreative.com for the help and to the people that gave us some feedback on the site!by
Introducing the new Pyxl logo! So why Pyxl you ask? The term itself signifies an single part of an image that when combined together with others of its kind forms a bigger picture. Just like our team at Pyxl (previously known as IC, short for Image Communications), we all came from diverse backgrounds and each has specific roles and responsibilities in our small agency to put together a successful campaign.
So here were the challenges in designing the new identity.
1. Although, I mentioned what pixels are and why we chose the name, we stayed away from the cliche’ squares/pixels because that’s what everyone would expect.
2. Must work well in Black and White.
3. Keeping the same green – the blue is a new addition.
4. Show a solid foundation without making it too bland.
5. Make it friendly, dynamic yet very readable.
So in short, this is what we came up with. Thanks to all that suggested their ideas and concepts – especially the team at Pyxl. I welcome your comments and I sure would like to read about it.
Visit us online at http://www.imagecommunications.com/ and follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/thinkpyxl and me at http://twitter.com/Kervie
Have a great day!!!by
And Our New Name Is…
So we’re now called Pyxl. Thanks to DaNice Marshall for suggesting the name and the team at Image Communications, – (now called Pyxl) for working together on putting this campaign together! Now it’s time to make a new company logo. Stay tuned.by
One more day…
Today, April 17th, is when we announce the new name our company picked to replace Image Communications. All of us are excited for a new identity and the new projects that we will be doing to rebrand ourselves.
Also, we will be announcing the 2 winners of the Kindle2. So thanks again to all that submitted their ideas for the new name. No head back to HelpUsNameUs.com at 5pm Eastern for the big reveal. Peace Out!by
And the TOP 9 names are…
So we narrowed it down to the top 9 names. We’re pretty excited about the selections but we’re leaving it up to the masses to decide what we should be called. You can see what’s going on at HelpUsNameUs.com
We had such a great turnout that we decided to add another Kindle2 to the pot. We are randomly selecting a person based on a secret criteria only the team at Image Communications know.
So thanks again to all that submitted suggestions. You guys do ROCK! So if your original name suggestions didn’t make the cut, select your top 3 names and get another chance at winning that awesome device.
Will be posting updates as soon as I have them. Peace Out!by